Monday, August 4, 2008

In Sichuan. Plan for the Rest of the Trip.

Things have calmed down and there appears to be a light at the end of the tunnel. I have money on my pocket, I saw a doctor, I have a roof over my head and I just ate a brownie. I am still not yet willing to get into the horror story that is the last week, but I promise I will. After all of this, I have decided I will spend my last two China weeks in Sichuan, Guangzhou, Hong Kong, and Macau.

Today - Low Key Day (its raining) and I want to upload some photos for ya'll
Tomorrow - See the Olympic Torch relay, see Dufu's Cottage, and maybe some other things in town.
6th - Take the bus up to Jiuzhaigou in Northern Sichuan, arrive early evening
7th - Trek around Jiuzhaigou Nature Reserve
8th - Take the Bus back to Chengdu, watch Olympic Opening Ceremonies on TV in the evening
9th - Visit Pandas and Leshan
10th - Train to Guangzhou
11th - Day in Guangzhou - Buy Souviners
12th - Morning Train or Bus to Hong Kong, pick up Olympic Tickets, visit Victoria Peak
13th - Hong Kong Disney - which should be busy as hell
14th - Olympic Day!
15th - Macau for the day and night
16th - Return to Hong Kong
17th - More Olympics!
18th - Flight Home from Hong Kong by way of San Francisco
18th - Still the 18th - arrive in Seattle

There are other places is China I would love to visit including the neighboring Yunnan and Guilin but I have decided to simplify my schedule as much as possible. Plus I want to build in the buffer day to pick up my tickets in Hong Kong as they must be picked up by noon on the 13th.

3 comments:

Rhonda said...

Hi There,

I am sorry to hear that the last week has been so stressful and difficult. I am glad that you were able to find kind and generous people who were able to help in your time of need. I know that even when things are going well it takes more courage and energy to do the simple things when you are alone and in a strange place.

I think that taking it easy for the next two weeks is a good idea. It sounds like the places that you are going are more westernized and this might help relieve some of the stress and isolated feelings. Have fun at the olympics.

I look at your web site each weekday and think of you often in between. Take care and remember that there are alot of people in Seattle that love you and eagerly wait for your safe return.

Love Rhonda

Anonymous said...

Ashley -

I am so proud of you. You are doing great -- I knew you would be able to figure things out -- because you are creative and resourceful.

For the record, I am always worried, but I have so much faith in you that I know you will always find a way that works.

Love you lots and lots, forever and ever.

Mom

Anonymous said...

We are very proud of you! I only wish I was going to be able to give you a huge BIG hug. I hate being across the map of my family, but guess I cant change that. Uncle Kent & I Love you with all our hearts we look forward to being able to vist with you in the near future, Welcome Home Ashley we are happy you are Safe & sound.

Love always & forever
Aunt Bev & Uncle Kent